In line with the spirit of Easter fasting we present another vegetarian version – this time for a white, aromatic curry with nuts and vegetables.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 kg vegetables (mix of cauliflower, potatoes, peppers, carrots, zucchini)
- 150g peas (canned or frozen)
- 2 onions (200g)
- 4 sm ginger (1 tbsp grated)
- 7 cloves garlic (1 tbsp grated)
- 50g raw nuts (cashew/almonds)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 8 tbsp oil
- 1-2 fresh chilies (optional)
- fresh coriander (optional)
- basmati rice (as a side dish)
- Preheat oven to 220C with a fan.
- Cut vegetables (without the zucchini) into equal pieces and place on a tray, lined with parchment paper. Salt and drizzle with some oil.
- Chop the onions.
- Puree 7 garlic cloves and 4 sm ginger.
- In a blender puree nuts with 3 tbsp coconut milk.
- Roast vegetables in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Then take out and leave aside till ready to use them.
- Heat 8 tbsp oil over medium heat and add contents of package №1 for 30-60 seconds.
- Add the chopped onion with a pinch of salt and cook until golden (about 20-25 min.), stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, ginger and chopped chilies (if using) and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add the contents of package №2 (and optionally package Chili) and stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Add pureed nuts, all coconut milk and a cup of water if necessary. Wait till it simmers gently.
- Pour in the pan the peas, chopped zucchini and the roasted vegetables and mix with the masala.
- Add the contents of package Garam masala and stir.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander (optional).
- Serve with basmati rice.
We highly recommend that you see the video recipe before cooking: