SPICE KIT INGREDIENTS:
red pepper, chili pepper, smoked red pepper (pimenton), oregano, black pepper.
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- 1 whole chicken (about 1.5 kg)
- 2 bulbs of garlic (90-100 g)
- 1-2 chilies (optional)
- 250ml olive oil
- 6 tbsp vinegar
- Finely chop 2 bulbs of cloves garlic (90-100 g) and 1-2 chilies (optional).
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut the chicken lengthwise along the backbone and butterfly. Make 5-6 deep incisions in the chest and legs and salt well, preferably with sea salt.
- Place the chicken in a preheated at 200°C oven and bake for 30 min., turn and bake for further 30 minutes.
- In a pan heat over medium heat 250 ml olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to minimum and add the chopped garlic and chilies (if using) for about 1-2 min. Then add the contents of the package №1 (and optionally one or two packages Chili), 6 tbsp vinegar and 1 tsp salt.
- Simmer 10-15 min., and remove the Piri Piri sauce from the heat.
- After 1 hour of baking at 200°C take out the chicken from the oven and reduce it to 180°C.
- Brush the chicken generously with the Piri Piri sauce and return to oven.
- In 10 min. turn the chicken and apply more sauce. If the chicken is bigger bake and brush longer until completely ready.
- When ready, take out the chicken, apply the rest of the sauce and let it rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
The chicken can be prepared also on a grill or barbecue.
Serve with potatoes, salad or rice.