SPICE KIT INGREDIENTS:
coriander, garam masala, cassia cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, black pepper, chili pepper, green cardamom, clove, bay leaf.
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- 1.5 kg chicken legs (1 kg chicken breast, lamb, pork)
- 2 onions (200 g)
- 4 cm ginger (around 1 tbsp grated)
- 7 garlic cloves (around 1 tbsp grated)
- 300g yogurt
- 8 tbsp oil
- 50g raw cashews/peeled almonds
- 1-2 chilies (optional)
- fresh coriander (optional)
- fresh mint (optional)
- basmati rice (for a side dish)
- Puree 7 garlic cloves and 4 cm piece ginger.
- Finely chop 2 onions (200 g) and 1-2 chilies (optional).
- In a blender mix the raw nuts with 3 tbsp water and 3 tbsp yogurt until the paste is homogenous. Add the remaining yogurt and blend again.
- Remove the skin of the chicken (if any).
- Heat 8 tbsp oil over medium heat and add contents of package №1 for 30-60 seconds.
- Add the chopped onion with a pinch of salt and cook until golden (about 20-25 min.), stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, ginger and chopped chilies (if using) and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the nut and yogurt paste along with the contents of package №2 and package Chili (optional). If the mixture(masala) is too thick add a few tbsp of water.
- Add the meat, some salt and a glass of water. Cook over medium to low heat till the meat is completely cooked:
- Add the contents of package Garam Masala.
- 20-25 min. for chicken breast;
- 35-45 min. for chicken legs;
- 40-45 min. for pork and lamb.
- Taste and add salt if necessary.
- Garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander and mint (optional)
Serve with naan or basmati rice.
* The above cooking times are approximate and may vary according to the thickness and material of your pan, the heat source and the meat used.