SPICE KIT INGREDIENTS:
allspice, thyme, cassia cinnamon, black pepper, nutmeg, clove, chili pepper
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- 2 kg chicken legs or a whole chicken
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 1 onion (100 g) or a bunch of spring onions
- 1-2 chilies (optional)
- juice of 2 limes
- 6 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey /sugar
- Basmati rice (as a side dish)
- 2-3 cucumbers (as a side dish)
- Grind the contents of package №1 in a spice/coffee grinder.
- In a blender mix the already ground contents of package №1, package №2, package Chili (optional), 5-6 garlic cloves, 1 onion (100 g) or a bunch of green onions, 1-2 chillies (optional), juice of 2 limes, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp honey / sugar, 6 tbsp oil, 1 tsp salt and stir to make a marinade.
- Make 3-4 deep incisions in each drumstick. If you are using whole chicken cut it lengthwise along the backbone and butterfly. Make deep incisions all over the chicken.
- Rub the marinade in the chicken until it is fully coated and let it marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Place the chicken on a baking pan (covered with aluminium foil) and in the already heated oven.
- Cook about 1 hour or till the chicken is completely cooked. Every 20 minutes turn the chicken and apply more marinade.
Serve with basmati rice.