SPICE KIT INGREDIENTS:
cumin, coriander, garam masala, cassia cinnamon, turmeric, chili pepper, black cardamom, green cardamom, mace, clove, bay leaf.
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- 450g cooked chickpeas (2 cans of 400g)
- 4 onions (400g)
- 4 cm ginger (around 1 tbsp grated)
- 7 cloves of garlic (around 1 tbsp grated)
- two 400g cans of tomatoes (or 1 kg raw tomatoes)
- 8 tbsp oil
- 1-2 chilies (optional)
- coriander (optional for garnishing)
- Basmati rice (as a side dish)
- Puree/grate 7 garlic cloves and 4 cm piece ginger.
- Finely chop 4 small onions (400g) and 1-2 chilies (if using).
- If you are using fresh tomatoes finely chop or blend them.
- Drain and rinse two cans of chickpeas
- Heat 8 tbsp oil over medium heat and add contents of package №1 for 30-60 seconds.
- Add the chopped onion with a pinch of salt and cook until golden (about 20-25 min.), stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, ginger and chopped chilies (if using) and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add contents of package №2 and package Chili (optional) and stir. After 2-3 minutes add the tomatoes and simmer 15-30 minutes. (minimum 30 minutes if using fresh tomatoes).
- Stir the cooked chickpeas and if necessary some water. Allow it to boil and then simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add contents of package Garam Masala.
- Taste and add salt if necessary.
- If you want more sauce add water and let it simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with fresh coriander (optional).
Serve with basmati rice or naan bread.
* The above cooking times are approximate and may vary according to the thickness and material of your pan and the heat source.