SPICE KIT INGREDIENTS:
red pepper, cumin, coriander, black pepper, cassia cinnamon, mustard seed, chili pepper, fenugreek, green cardamon, clove.
Allergen Information: Contains Mustard
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- 800 g – 1.2 kg meat (pork / lamb / chicken)
- 1 medium onion (100 g)
- 4 cm ginger (around 1 tbsp grated)
- 7 garlic cloves (around 1 tbsp grated)
- 6 tbsp oil
- 6 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1-2 chilies (optional)
- basmati rice (for a side dish)
- Puree/grate 7 garlic cloves and 4 cm piece ginger. Chop chilies (if using).
- Grind in a spice/coffee grinder contents of package №1.
- Cut the meat into approximately equal 2-3 cm cubes for even cooking.
- Mix 6 tbsp wine vinegar, ground contents of package №1, package №2 and one/two of the packages Chili* (optional) with some water. Stir till homogeneous. We recommend that you use at least one of the Chili packages or fresh chilies. If you like spicy food add both packages and fresh chilies.
- Combine the above mixture with meat, garlic, ginger, chilies (if using), salt and let it marinate between 30 min. and 4 hours maximum. If marinating for more than 1 hour, put in refrigerator.
- Finely chop 1 medium onion (100 g).
- Heat 6 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion with a pinch of salt and cook until golden (about 20-25 min.), stirring occasionally.
- Add the marinated meat, drained from marinade, and seal over high heat all sides (6-12 min., depending on the amount of meat).
- Reduce the heat back to medium and pour the remaining marinade in the pan, diluted with 1 cup of water. Cover and simmer till the meat is completely cooked (dependent on the amount of meat you use):
- at least 40 minutes for pork / lamb;
- 15-20 min. for chicken breast;
- 25-35 min. for boneless chicken thighs.
Stir occasionally. If you want more sauce add some water after the meat is cooked and let it simmer further 4-5 minutes. If the meat releases more than desired fat pat it with kitchen paper before serving.
Serve with basmati rice or naan bread.
* The above cooking times are approximate and may vary according to the thickness and material of your pan and the heat source.