SPICE KIT INGREDIENTS:
red pepper, black pepper, coriander, cumin, chili pepper, star anise, allspice, bay leaves.
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- 1.5 – 2 kg sauerkaut
- 100 ml oil
- 3 cans of beans (optional)
- Heat oven to 220C.
- Grind the contents of pack 1. Mix with the contents of pack 2 and optionally Chili pack.
- Cut the sauerkraut into equal pieces.
- In a baking tray mix well sauerkraut and spices.
- Add the oil and mix again.
- Bake in a heated to 220C oven about 1 hour or until the sauerkraut is fully ready.
- Stir every 20 minutes for even baking.
- Optionally after 1 hour of baking add 3 cans of bean, 2 cups of water, mix and bake for at least 20 more minutes.
- You can always add a steak or roasted sausage on the side when serving.