Piri Piri chillies have unique aroma. With the spices in the spice kit you can prepare a great table sauce to use with your favourite food or cook very delicious baked beans as we did 🙂
YOU WILL NEED:
- 750g cooked beans (3 cans)
- 1 onion (100g)
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots
- 4-6 roasted peppers
- 400g tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. tomato puree
- honey (optional)
- Heat oven to 220C.
- Cut the carrots into equal cubes.
- Finely chop onion and garlic.
- Chop the peppers.
- In a heavy bottom baking tray (or alternatively in a pan) pour about 6 tablespoons oil and heat it to average heat on a stove.
- Add the chopped onions and carrots, salt and cook for a few minutes.
- Mix the chopped garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons tomato concentrate/puree, stir and 2-3 minutes later add pack 1 and 400ml tomatoes and stir again.
- Add the contents of Chili package (optional).
- Mix the roasted peppers, beans and optionally honey.
- Pour 1 cup water and some salt and stir.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes. (If you used a pan for the above actions – pour everything in a baking tray a cook a few minutes longer because your tray will be cold).
We highly recommend that you see the video recipe before cooking: